La commissione di finanziamento del cinema franco-tedesco concede €950.000 a tre coproduzioni
di Teresa Vena
- I film sono diretti da Élise Girard, Mia Hansen-Løve e Noémie Lvovsky, e interpretati da Isabelle Huppert e Léa Seydoux, fra gli altri
Questo articolo è disponibile in inglese.
Three feature films, each to be directed by a well-known female French filmmaker, have been awarded a total of €950,000 for production costs by the German-French film funding commission. The sum of €400,000 will go to Sidonie au Japon by Élise Girard, in which Isabelle Huppert will play the leading role. Girard wrote the screenplay together with Maud Ameline, and the film is being produced by Lupa Film GmbH in Berlin and 10:15! Productions in Paris, each with an equal share. The movie tells the story of author Sidonie Perceval, who, after 40 years, launches a reprint of her first novel and travels to Japan to promote it. There, she will finally be able to get over her traumatic past and will find new love.
The new project by Mia Hansen-Løve, entitled Un beau matin, has secured support of €300,000, to be shared between German producer Razor Film Produktion GmbH in Berlin, which is responsible for approximately 13% of the costs, and Les Films Pelléas in Paris, in charge of the remaining 87%. Starring Léa Seydoux in the main role, the picture is a love story as well as the portrait of a person who has to cope with a huge loss. While the protagonist's father faces ongoing mental and physical deterioration, the protagonist herself embarks on a passionate love affair that gives her the strength to face the situation.
The third feature receiving support from the German-French commission is La grand magie by Noémie Lvosvky. The musical-comedy co-produced by NiKo Film in Berlin (with a share of approximately 15%) and Atelier de Production in Paris (with around 85%) is an adaptation of a post-war Italian play published in 1948 and written by Eduardo De Filippo. In it, a young woman disappears mysteriously after volunteering for a magic trick. Magician Albert hands a little box over to the furious husband, Charles, and tells him that his wife is to be found inside it. The story is set in the 1920s and will be accompanied by music composed by the rock band Feu! Chatterton, from Paris.
In total, the German-French film funding commission is providing a budget of €990,000, including €40,000 destined not for production costs, but to be used for the development of a project by French filmmaker Augusto Zanovello. His film The Faun, for which he is writing the screenplay with French illustrator and animation director Jean-Charles Finck, will be produced by Reynard Films GmbH in Leipzig and Komadoli Studio in Nantes, with both firms having an equal share. The story is set in France in 1918: Andreas is a young soldier who deserts after he sustains a head injury. He then goes to Paris to find his twin sister, Elise, who has gone missing and was last seen with a stranger.
The commission provides funding following an agreement between Germany and France, and deliberates twice a year on the applications it receives.
Ti è piaciuto questo articolo? Iscriviti alla nostra newsletter per ricevere altri articoli direttamente nella tua casella di posta.